This is another fabulously easy Dutch oven recipe that will feed a small crowd.
|Dutch oven Stacked Enchilada Recipe||
- 12 inch Camp Chef Dutch oven
- 2 – pounds ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 – large onion chopped
- 1 – package yellow or white corn tortillas
- 2 – small cans diced chilies or 1 can whole chiles
- 1 – large can enchilada sauce
- 1 – 8 ounce can sliced olives
- 2 – packages of taco seasoning mix
- 4 – cups of shredded Mexican mix cheese
- Prepare 24 briquettes; place at least 18 briquettes under your 12-inch Dutch oven to prepare for browning.
- Place chopped onions in Dutch oven, stirring frequently, when they are half way to tender age add ground beef or turkey and brown until thoroughly cooked.
- Add your taco seasoning mix and stir thoroughly.
- Remove meat and onions from Dutch oven to drain.
- Remove bottom briquettes until only eight remain then place 16 briquettes on top of your lid.
- Take one or two heaping scoop full’s one third of meat and spread on bottom of Dutch oven; keeping in mind that you will be making about three layers.
- Now spread one third of sliced olives, diced chilies, and enchilada sauce over the meat.
- Cover this with 3 – 4 corn tortillas and then cover your tortillas with one third of your cheese.
- Simply repeat this until all of your ingredients are in a Dutch oven.
- Cook the Dutch oven stacked enchiladas until done, approximately 30 minutes.
Full recipe is here: http://www.cooking-outdoors.com/dutch-oven-chili-relleno-recipe.html