Cedar Plank Grilled Gorgonzola Stuffed Chicken
The Third in a series of three plank cooking recipes, Cedar Plank Grilled Gorgonzola Chicken!
Flattened chicken stuffed with spinach, roasted red peppers, bacon and Gorgonzola cheese rolled and cooked to perfection all on a cedar plank.
Recipe adapted from “The Plank Grilling Cookbook”
Cedar planks provided by: http://www.grillingplanks.biz
iGrill thermometer provided by: http://www.igrillinc.com
|Cedar Plank Grilled Gorgonzola Stuffed Chicken||
- 4 boneless skinless Chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 7 oz crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 12 – 15 large spinach leaves
- 1 – 7oz jar roasted red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon. cooked and drained
- ¼ balsamic vinegar
- 2 – 3 tbs EVOO
- Cotton string or toothpicks
- Soak cedar planks for 1 hr in water.
- Place planks on pre-heated grill 350F, smooth side down, till slightly charred. Remove and lightly oil charred surface.
- Butterfly chicken breast
- Pound to even out surfaces to same thickness
- Salt and pepper all surfaces
- Add Gorgonzola cheese, bacon, spinach leaves, roasted red peppers to inside
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar
- Roll up chicken breast and tie with string
- Place on cedar plank
- Drizzle with EVOO
- Cook till internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F