Cedar Plank Lemon Zested Asparagus on the Grill
The first in a series of three plank cooking recipes, Cedar Plank Lemon Zested Asparagus! Easily grill asparagus on a cedar plank with just a few ingredients and this simple technique will delight your palette!
Recipe adapted from “The Plank Grilling Cookbook”
Cedar planks courtesy of http://www.grillingplanks.biz/
- 16 inch cedar plank
- ½ cup EVOO
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dill
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 lrg garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pd fresh Asparagus
- zest of 1 small lemon
- 1 gallon reclosable plastic bag
- Soak cedar plank for 1 hr in water.
- Place smooth side of cedar plank on pre-heated 350F grill and slightly char the surface.
- Remove cedar plank and coat charred surface lightly with oil.
- Wash and trim the asparagus.
- Place asparagus, EVOO, lemon juice, dill, kosher salt and garlic into reclosable plastic bag.
- Marinate for 1 hr.
- Place marinated asparagus on cedar plank.
- Place cedar plank on grill over direct heat.
- Grill for 15 min or until tender.