One of the most popular posts about grilling on Cooking-Outdoors has been my “Foiled Wrapped Asparagus Grilled on the Barbecue” recipe. Day after day, this article has been read by thousands of people and rightfully so! Grilled Asparagus is absolutely amazing, when done correctly. This recipe is, again, another “Cooking in my Head” recipe. You’ve done that right? Cooked in you head, worked out the recipe, visualised the completed dish, right? Well that’s how I do it anyway…
Simple ingredients: Asparagus, Lemon, Garlic, Red Pepper flakes, Artichoke hearts, Salt, Pepper and Aged Cheddar.
Fresh Asparagus on my favorite grilling tool, the Island Grillstone.
Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper flakes and Garlic on the Grilled Asparagus.
Add the sliced Artichoke Hearts and a good squeeze of fresh Lemon.
Cook Asparagus until done (I like mine snappy not soggy) about 10 minutes overall at 375 degrees F. Serve up with some good aged cheddar cheese and another squeeze of lemon juice.
|Grilled Asparagus and Artichoke Hearts||
- 1 lb Asparagus, washed with the base snapped off
- 6 marinated Artichoke halves, sliced thinly
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp coarse salt
- ⅓ tbls coarse ground black pepper
- ¼ cup aged Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp Olive oil for stone
- Pre-heat Island Grillstone or skillet to 375 degrees F.
- Oil Island Grillstone or pan
- Placed Asparagus on Island Grillstone or pan
- Add ½ salt, pepper and pepper flakes
- Grill for 5 minutes, turning as Asparagus cooks
- Add Artichoke hearts and a squeeze of ½ lemon
- Grill for 5 minutes or till done
- Remove, add remainder salt and pepper, another squeeze of ½ lemon
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese