“Tastes like Chicken!” So my exclaimes my young son, wolfing down another bite. Not too chicken like for me though, delightfuly subtle taste and texture, accented with only salt and pepper. I perfer to define Wahoo as a firm, flakey white fish that textures simular to Salmon but with little flavor to overly dominate the taste. Centainly a new “go-to” fish for me. I picked up a flash frozen package of three steaks from my local Trader Joe’s.
Start off pre-heating your Island Grillstone to 350 degrees. Three pieces of bacon should do the job! Grill till crisp, remove to cool on a paper towel. Remove most of the bacon grease from your Island Grillstone before continuing to the next step.
A little EVOO, salt and pepper only.
Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. You don’t want to over cook your Wahoo steaks, think medium done.
Remove Wahoo and keep warm. Start with some sliced garlic and red peppers. A little salt and pepper here also. Grill till tender.
Place the spinach mix on a plate, add Wahoo steaks, crumble bacon and then drizzle on the honey balsamic sauce.
It was all quite good if I say so myself!
|Grilled Wahoo steaks on the Island grillstone||
- 3 slices of bacon
- 3 Wahoo steaks
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 whole red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch, fresh spinach, washed, dried
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup honey
- Start off pre-heating your Island grillstone to 350 degrees.
- Grill bacon till crisp, remove to cool on a paper towel.
- Remove most of the bacon grease from your Island Grillstone
- Wash and dry Wahoo steaks
- Coat evenly with EVOO
- Salt and pepper all sides lightly
- Grill Wahoo steaks for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. You don’t want to over cook these. Turning only one time.
- Remove Wahoo and keep warm.
- Start with some sliced garlic and red peppers. Grill till tender.
- Add spinach to Island grillstone and cook with the garlic and red bell pepper till spinach is limp. About 5 minutes
- Place the spinach mix on a plate, add Wahoo steaks and crumbled bacon.
- Blend honey and balsamic together and drizzle over the Wahoo steaks.