Rice is one of, if not the most important food staple on our planet. Large populations, globally include rice with every meal and it is a perfect addition to world of grilling. Rice is probably one of the easiest items I have ever grilled and a flavorful grilled side dish to add to any meal. Utilizing foil cooking and a box of seasoned rice you can elevate any dish prepared on the grill or at camp easily and quickly.
How-to Grill Rice
1. You will need a large square sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
2. Fold in half, crease the seam carefully.
3. Starting with an end, make 1/4 inch folds, creasing carefully each time. Do this four times.
4. Now do the same for the side.
5. Finished foil pouch will now be sealed on three sides.
6. Cut the top to a length of 12 inches. The overall size will be about 9″ x 12″
7. You can use boxed rice with flavoring or plain rice. I have done wild, brown and white rice.
8. Open top of foil packet, pour in rice and flavorings (if using).
9. If the boxed instructions call for butter, add it now.
10. Pour in required amount of water. Warm water is best, no need to boil water.
11. Seal top of foil packet the same way you sealed the other sides. Leave air inside to allow for expansion. Shake to mix. Note: you may have a small amount of water leak out, this is normal.
12. Cook on medium direct heat (325 degrees F) for the time stated on the package instructions.
13. Flip once at the half way point.
14. Open (caution it will be hot!) and serve!