Coleslaw, Cole slaw or Slaw depending on your neck of the woods is by far one of the top side dishes for BBQ and Grilling when you are Cooking Outdoors. I personally have tried many different coleslaw recipes, some good some bad. My personal preferences run towards the dry cole slaw recipes, I am not a big fan of heavy mayonnaise coleslaw sauce. This recipe has received multiple thumbs up from friends and family with a universal “refreshing” taste response. I kept it very simple, so it will be lighting fast to make for your next BBQ or Grilling adventure.
Red Cabbage and Cucumber Coleslaw
Slice your Red Cabbage into 1/4 inch slices. Then slice it to the size you like. I make mine about 2 inches long.
Fresh sliced cucumber. 1/4 inch slices.
The Coleslaw sauce ingredients: Mayonnaise, sugar, milk, vinegar, salt and pepper
Mix your Red Cabbage and Cucumber Coleslaw together.
Mix your Coleslaw sauce well, it should be thick but runny like a creamed soup.
Pour the sauce over the slaw, give it a good mix and serve it up!
|Red Cabbage and Cucmber Coleslaw||
- ½ head of red cabbage, sliced into 2″ x ¼” pieces
- ½ large cucumber, sliced into 2″ x ¼” pieces
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Wash and slice your red cabbage to size and repeat for the cucumber.
- Mix together in a bowl to fit.
- Blend together with a wisk all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Pour sauce over red cabbage and cucumber slaw, mix well.
- Chill (if possible) for one hour, then serve.