Cooking Dutch oven Tri-Tip is easy if you follow the easy steps outlined in my video. I would be one of the first to tell you that Tri-Tip should be grilled, either over Mesquite or Pecan wood (my favorite), or at the least flame cooked in some form. The only issue with that is when you are out camping and a live fire is not an option. My go-to, in these situations, is always my Dutch oven!
Just follow these easy steps:
- Season with a rub the day before.
- Air dry in the refrigerator or ice chest.
- Sear a dry Tri-tip (pat dry if you need to)
- Elevate Tri-Tip above bottom of Dutch oven while cooking.
- Use a thermometer while cooking.
- Let rest for several minutes before cutting.
It really doesn't need to be any more difficult than this!
Dutch oven Tri-Tip video
I know Tri-tip is difficult to find in many parts of the country, but is it worth it if you can find some!
Here are some Dutch oven recipes and tips you may enjoy!
Here is my full list of Dutch oven videos:
Please subscribe to the Cooking Everything Outdoors show on YouTube!