Now this is an interesting twist on the traditional type of ice cream recipes I have done in the past. Guinness® Stout Ice Cream made from evaporated and condensed milks with just a tad bit of salt and sugar – plus a 6 pack of Guinness® Stout.
Yea, I know, the recipe only calls for a 1/2 cup of Guinness® Stout, please don't judge …
Once again, I used my Aroma Old Fashioned Ice Cream Maker to make this Ice Cream recipe: Aroma 4-Quart Traditional Ice Cream Maker – Review.
Guinness® Stout Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups evaporated milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup Guinness® Stout
- In a heavy sauce pan whisk together the water in the cornstarch, simmer the mixture over moderate heat, whisking for two minutes.
- Add the milks, sugar, and the salt.
- Heat the mixture over moderately low heat, whisking for 1 to 2 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool completely.
- Stir in Guinness® Stout, and freeze the mixture in ice cream machine according to the manufacturers instructions.
Looking for more Home Made Ice Cream Recipes?